When you have the right resources you can solve ANY problem!

When you're stuck...

When you don't know who you are anymore ...

When you are exploring career changes.

The Inner Resource Center is the place to go!




Inner Resource Center

Monday, November 1, 2010

Learn to Do What You Cannot Do By Doing It Your Own Way

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

~Pablo Picasso

There may be many things that you believe you cannot do because you have not yet learned to do them.  When we think that we cannot, we make that outcome true.  If you can tell yourself that you simply need to learn how to do it, that can change the outcome from impossible to possible. 

This week:  Think of something you don't know how to do--yet.  Pick something that you would like to be able to do.  Ask yourself if it would be possible to learn to do it if you were really committed to learning and mastery.  What would it take?  How much time?  How much practice?  Would the expertise of someone else help you learn?  Is there someone you can model?  Think about Picasso.  He didn't do things the ways others did.  Was that because he hadn't learned to do it their way, and needed to learn his OWN way?  How can you apply this in your life--to learn to do things your own way?

Linda Pucci, Ph.D. is a psychologist, life coach and trainer at the Inner Resource Center, LLC.  She believes that all people carry within themselves the resources to meet their life's challenges, they just need to access them.  She is an expert at helping people identify their resources and utilize them to stretch farther than they had thought possible.  For more information about how she does it, got to http://www.innerresourcecenter.com/

8 comments:

Kristina Shands said...

The thought of learning something that I have determined I cannot learn is both scary and exciting. What lie have I told myself about how it "has" to be done. I love the idea of learning by doing it my own way. What can I learn this week? Hmmm.

Julie Hawkins said...

Ha! I thought I was the only one who made it up as I went along. I see I'm in great company.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Linda. Your challenge made me think of two things; one business; one personal. Both things come to think of it are musical; one to better sing the song of the purpose of my work and one to further my love for music.

Unknown said...

I am a big believer in putting yourself in uncomfortable business circumstances. example would be joining a speaking group if you are worried about that particular area in your business. Usually, the breakthrough is on the other side

Sue Painter said...

A client once said to me "you make what seemed impossible become completely doable." I love that just moving TOWARD something new aligns energy and universe behind you.
Sue P.

Santoshamo said...

Lately, I've been playing with creating mandalas. In the past, I've played around some, but I always felt a little dissatisfied with the end result. Now, I think that's because I was trying to do this according some self imposed idea of how others create mandalas. These days, I'm doing it my own way...much more satisfying! Thanks for a very timely post!

Unknown said...

A few years back, I had 2 mantras: "How hard can it be?" and "Make it up as you go." Both served me well.

Sandy

creativelyfit said...

I love the "---yet." That sends a powerful message to your subconscious to tune in and "get to it"! Thanks, Linda!