When you have the right resources you can solve ANY problem!

When you're stuck...

When you don't know who you are anymore ...

When you are exploring career changes.

The Inner Resource Center is the place to go!




Inner Resource Center

Monday, May 10, 2010

Your Passion Gives a Gift to Others

"As we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."

 ~Marianne Williamson

When we live passionately and enthusiastically, we attract others to us.  Whether they share our particular passion or not, they can see by our example how energized our life is by something of meaning.  Without saying a word, we give them a glimpse of what they could experience and what their life could be like.   That is a powerful gift. It gives them permission to explore their own passion and begin to live it.  And isn't that what life is about--living fully and meaningfully?

This week:  Think about something about which you feel passionately.  Begin to talk passionately about it with others.  Let your feelings show through.  Let people see the meaning it has to you.  Allow yourself to dream about pursuing this passion even more.  Dream about the possibilities it might have for you.  Share your dreams with others.  Notice the effect your sharing has on others.  Does it bring out their passion?  (Even if they don't agree with you, they may begin to respond more passionately themselves).

Linda Pucci, Ph.D. is a psychologist, life coach and creator of several programs to help people create greater meaning in their lives, including her self help audio/workbook program: Discover Your Life's Purpose: 7 Steps to a Life of Meaning & Authenticity.  For more information, go to http://www.innerresourcecenter.com/ . 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you say "share your passion" and it will help light the passion in others. You are SO right, it is inspiring to me to hear of someone else's true passion, and helps me keep true to my own. Great post!

Sue Painter

Anonymous said...

Thanks Linda for validating something that happened tonight. I just returned home from a collegial gathering. After the event, I had a conversation with one particular colleague where I was seeking his interest in a smaller effort ... one where we would more directly support each others passion and creativity. He was right there. So now there is a new and focused collaboration in the making. Thanks again, Jeff

Terri Brooks said...

Linda I love the quote about letting your light shine! And you're right - by letting our light shine we allow others to see how blessed we are and how grateful we are for the gift of passion.

Makes me want to sing, "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!"

Terri
http://tastingtheinternet.com

Linda Pucci, PhD said...

Perfect song for this blog post, Terri! Now I'm going to be singing it all afternoon...

RFC said...

OOOH! Thanks Linda! I am speaking on Saturday at an event and sometimes my passion overtakes me so I hold back. Thanks for the reminder NOT to do that!!

Kristina Shands said...

Great post and reminder to share your passion with the world. Imagine a world where everybody lived their passion, no matter how crazy it may seem.

Kristina

Julie Hawkins said...

Linda, this is so timely. I've felt such a lack of my normal passion the last week. This jogged the memory of how much I love what I do and how truly passionate I am about it.
Thank You!

Unknown said...

Love it! I believe that passion makes all the difference in my clients being successful or not in fundraising. In fact, it's one of the four pillars of my signature system. Passion is contagious and when we share ours with others, there's no limit to what we can accomplish.

Sandy Rees
Fundraising Coach
www.getfullyfunded.com

Santoshamo said...

So right on! I've been feeling so much joy and passion with this project I've been working on, Reclaim Your Life and Learn to Live in Balance. This time I'm sharing my joy about it. Thanks for the encouragement with this post!

Kelly Webb said...

Thought provoking Linda. I do admit that there are times when fear of judgement slithers in triggered by being passionate and giving. Isn't that a kicker! Years of brainwashing! Thanks for the inspiration Linda and reminding me to be my authentic self filled with passion & giving always no matter what!.
Yours in Creating a Better Life,
Kelly Webb