When you have the right resources you can solve ANY problem!

When you're stuck...

When you don't know who you are anymore ...

When you are exploring career changes.

The Inner Resource Center is the place to go!




Inner Resource Center

Monday, May 31, 2010

Invest More to Get More

"I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often."

~ Brian Tracy

In order have more luck, you need to be willing to invest yourself.  You need to believe in yourself and the outcome you are seeking.  When you are willing to give your all, you will notice more and more opportunities.  You will notice that your passion for your outcome carries your forward and creates its own "luck."

This week:  What area of your life would you like more "luck" in?  Now look at how invested you really are in that area.  Are you taking chances?  Are you active?  Are you showing up fully and passionately?  Are you really invested in getting your results?  If not, take some steps in increase your investment and passion about this area and what you want to see happen.  Believe it.  Now notice what opportunities show up for you.  Althugh you may not take them all, you will begin to notice that the opportunities become more abundant. 

Linda Pucci, Ph.D. is a psychologist, life coach and expert in helping people overcome obstacles and achieve goals they had not thought possible with her solution focused methods. She specializes in helping people overcome self sabotage--those often unconscious ways in which we block ourselves from success and happiness.  For more information, go to http://www.innerresourcecenter.com/

7 comments:

Santoshamo said...

I love this. Sincerely - I love the idea of investing in me AND other things I care about. So, what I'm investing in this week is time is the final preparation for a presentation I'm giving on Thursday.

I've put a lot of work in already, and in the past when I've gotten to this stage, I'm just ready to be done, so I slacken at the very end. This time, I'm going to invest every step of the way! Thanks Linda.

Melanie McGhee, L.C.S.W.
http://www.peacefruit.com

Kristina Shands said...

I love the quote about luck being when preparation meets opportunity (Oprah?). It is true. The harder I work, the more focused I am, the more opportunities just seem to fall out of the sky. I am going to make a conscience effort this week to really invest in my business, and see how lucky I am.

Unknown said...

I just had a nice walk with a peer and the topic was Investing in oneself. I've noticed there are time periods we realize that it's time to invest in ourselves and when we do, we become more grounded. I personally 'hear' more when I invest.
Thanks for putting this out here Linda.
Beth

Anonymous said...

Thanks Linda for the reminder - something that is taught in the 2008 book "Influencer" - that we need to be mindful of the behaviors that get the desired results. But I love what you've added to this for me; invest in those behaviors. Thanks, Jeff

Anonymous said...

I've come to believe that the biggest mindset shift for entrepreneurs is shifting to investing fully in themselves, at a high level, with infallible commitment. When you do that, you change everything.
Sue Painter

Unknown said...

I love Brian Tracy! And your words are SO timely for me right now. I'm in the midst of doing something that I'm really not showing up fully for. Between your blog post and an audio I listened to yesterday, I think I know just what I need to do to get lucky!

Sandy Rees
www.getfullyfunded.com

Julie Hawkins said...

I love this topic Linda. I often give students and clients homework to help expand their thought process. If they do the homework 100% I know they are committed to themselves and bettering their lives. It's home-grown luck, which isn't really luck, it's hard work. Smiles.
Julie Hawkins