When you have the right resources you can solve ANY problem!

When you're stuck...

When you don't know who you are anymore ...

When you are exploring career changes.

The Inner Resource Center is the place to go!




Inner Resource Center

Monday, September 19, 2011

Your Life Needs to Fit YOU

"The shoe that fits one person pinches another; 
there is no recipe for living that suits all cases." 

~Carl Jung

This is such a great reminder that "one size does not fit all" when we are talking about your living your life. We often look at the way we think others are living and either envy it or judge it, but the key to a fulfilling life is to make sure your life fits YOU.  We each must make decisions about what is important to us, and those need to be our own.  Don't like the way you are living?  Change it. But make sure it fits YOU.

This week:  Do some thinking.  Ask yourself "Am I living my life for me?  Does my life really fit me? Or have I gone along to please others or because I think they somehow have the magic answers?  If you find that you are not living your life for you, consider what you would need to change in order to make it fit you better.  Make a list.  Now begin, this week, with ONE SMALL THING you can do to make your life your own.

Linda Pucci, Ph.D. is a psychologist, life coach and expert in helping people create authentic fulfilling lives.  She recognizes the uniqueness of each individual and creates programs that fit that individuality. Linda specializes in helping people overcome "mental clutter"--those negative emotions and limiting beliefs that keep people stuck.  For more information, go to http://www.InnerResourceCenter.com

5 comments:

Sue Painter said...

What I see often is women living how they really don't want to live, because of a husband they have grown away from over time. They kind of shrug and keep on going, meanwhile, their days are winnowing down. One woman told me, "Now that my husband is gone, I don't have to smile all the time." Sigh.....

Anonymous said...

What awesome timing on your post Linda ... at least for me. All my appointments for this week were today (except for the weekend Strategic Story Retreat I'm facilitating in Gatlinburg this weekend). So ... I've left my Tuesday - Friday open for "me" - for thinking. Thanks for giving me some things to think about. No, I really meant that!

Kristina said...

Great post Linda. I've been struggling with a difficult situation and haven't really done anything about it because I didn't want to be mean. I've been living my life so as to not upset someone else. For me, finally learning to stand up for myself and understand that I can only control my own actions and emotions has been liberating. Love it!

Tiffany deSilva said...

This post pretty much sums it up for me. Life is too short to spend it unhappy. Create the life (and/or business) you want. It's funny that you write this now. I'm working on my blog post for next week and it's about building your business by choice not by chance.

Mary Ellen said...

Linda, one thing I always appreciate is that you ask us to only make "one small change." That seems do-able. Thanks!