When you have the right resources you can solve ANY problem!

When you're stuck...

When you don't know who you are anymore ...

When you are exploring career changes.

The Inner Resource Center is the place to go!




Inner Resource Center

Monday, March 28, 2011

Change Your Thoughts and Beliefs to Change Your Perception of the World

"Every thought you have makes up some segment of the world you see. It is with your thoughts, then, that we must work, if your perception of the world is to be changed."

~A Course in Miracles

Our thoughts are very powerful.  We each view the world in terms of our thoughts, feelings and perceptions, which have been based upon our experiences in life.  We act as if our thoughts are true, when, in fact, they may be distortions filtered through our experiences.  If the world is not as you would like it to be, and if your life is not the way you would like it to be, you first need to examine your thoughts, your beliefs and your feelings.  You can change your perceptions if you choose, but you need to be willing to look at what you think and believe. 

This week:  Challenge yourself to examine your thoughts and beliefs. Are there things you think or believe that limit you?  Write these down.  You don't have to change them right now, but understand clearly how they limit your success and happiness.  What would you be able to do if you thought or believed something different?  If this is too difficult to consider, look at how the beliefs and thoughts others have limit them.  It is often easier to see limitations in others than in ourselves.  Notice how the way people think impacts their perceptions of the world and their experiences.  This week, identify ONE limiting belief or thought that you would like to change.  Write it down.  Every time it comes up, challenge it.  Ask yourself, "Is this really true?"  Ask yourself, "What would I need to believe instead that would empower me?" 

Linda Pucci, Ph.D. is a psychologist, life coach and expert at helping people change limiting beliefs quickly and easily with her solution-focused techniques.  Her business, the Inner Resource Center, LLC helps people find the best resources to help them transform their lives and move forward toward greater success, meaning and happiness.  For more information, go to http://www.innerresourcecenter.com/ or http://www.emotionalclutter.com/ 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the question, "Is this really true?" I've put a task note out to myself to review my Values Cycle as daily as possible. 'Cause I know if I'm limiting myself with some belief, it is because I'm not balanced in my core values. What I value (without limiting fear) determines what I believe, and what I believe determines my behavior.
Now ... I know that; and you would think I would always act in accordance. I don't. So, that is why I so appreciate your post and your challenge.
Thank you Linda,
Jeff

Anonymous said...

Jeff's comment "is this really true" sounds like Byron Katie for sure! I am amazed at how much perception can change. Today was Bill's last day at ORNL after 29 years. Somewhere along the way, his perception of that career changed from "it's the best" to "I want my freedom." We all do this, it's called life, I guess. Amazing!

Mary Ellen said...

Just listened to Sue's audio and your two posts really tie together this week. I think that getting rid of those negative thoughts is spring cleaning for our minds!

Unknown said...

It's so important to fill your mind, everyday, with good meat.....and keep the junk out. The more we do this , the better the outcome will be ....
thx for sharing Linda