When you have the right resources you can solve ANY problem!

When you're stuck...

When you don't know who you are anymore ...

When you are exploring career changes.

The Inner Resource Center is the place to go!




Inner Resource Center

Monday, June 14, 2010

We Can Learn from Difficult Experiences

"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that?  We must have perseverance."

~Marie Curie

Sometimes it is the perserverence in the face of those challenges that brings us the greatest rewards.  No great inventor or researcher "discovered" their solution in their first attempt.  Many had to work at it over and over and over again.  Those difficult challenges in our work or our life can help us discover what is most important.  They teach us about our character, and best of all, they teach us that we can survive and we can succeed in spite of how difficult life may be.

This week:  Think about difficult things you have had to overcome in your lifetime so far.  What have you learned from them?  What did you learn about yourself?  Although you may never have wanted to have those experiences, how have they shaped you?  What positive gifts did they give you?  The knowledge that you could survive?  A belief in yourself?  An inner strength?  An appreciation for what others have to endure as well? Write down what you uncover.  How do they serve you in your life now?  What role did perseverance play for you?  Can you apply those things you have uncovered in other areas of your life?

Linda Pucci, Ph.D. is a psychologist, life coach and expert in helping people overcome negative experiences from the past.  She helps clients uncover the positive learning from those experiences so that they can utilize these resources as them move on.  She has over 30 years of experience, and her business, Inner Resource Center, LLC, helps people find the resources to transform their lives.  For more information, go to http://www.innerresourcecenter.com/ .

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Linda, your post gave me, what is now, a great memory. I remember when I first put my concept of marketing from your comfort zone into a booklet. I received more no's than yes's. It was probably 99% to 1%. But, I believed in what I was doing.

Then came the hardest hit from a relative. I remember literally laying on the floor for a while. The BEST thing happened. I saw a tiny flicker of flame inside of me. It was small but was there. That was my belief. I never let the concept go and now it's on it's way to being huge. That flame is my symbol that tells me I'm on the right track even when others don't think I am.

Beth Woodward
www.MarketingOnThePlayground.com

Anonymous said...

Linda, your post fits with something I've been thinking about lately; what David Whyte calls the visitation and the absence and what Thomas Green calls consolation and darkness. It is in those times of absence and darkness when we finally stop long enough to appreciate the value of all our work ... and the strength and passion to move on to what is next.
Thanks for your encouragement you give in your work,
Jeff

Lisa Scott said...

My dad always said, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger", and since I'm still here, I hope I'm stronger for what I've been through! I do believe that perseverance creates character and strengthens resolve to complete things that otherwise would never have happened.